Friday 13 May 2011

Introduction

Well I’ve got a blog for my photography, I have a blog for my fanfic for the Dungeon and Dragon setting Eberron and I have a blog for my short stories set in a super hero world that my comics are in.  So I have decided to have a blog to talk about all of my creative writing work.  Hopefully this will help me to actually do more writing and not just think about it.
You see my problem is I like coming up with ideas.  Lot of different ideas ranging from sci-fi to fantasy to urban horror to erotica to super heroes.  Then when I do have an idea that I want to work on I then have to decide on which format to write it in.  I have studied many different writing techniques.  My media studies taught me to write for magazines and newspapers, my video production helped to improve my script writing and I have several qualifications in creative writing, short stories mainly. Let’s see how my blog writing goes.  When I start writing my idea in short story mode I start to think of how it would look on screen and after that I start to see it in comic form.  Even then I think how good a game it would be if I wrote the idea as a roleplaying game.  Due to this I never actually get anywhere.  
As I said before you can take a peek at my short stories on my other blogs, I’m guessing there is a link somewhere on this page if not I’ll add one later.  Be aware my punchuation is a bit off as once I start typing I never check what I’m doing.  Something I should be more careful with.
My super hero “fetish” is being realised in a bunch of comic books that I’m writing.  So far i have a British vigilante, an International Super Team and a British group trying to get by.  With comic books I’m torn.  I really consider them to be aimed at kids and young teenagers, yes everyone can enjoy them, but it’s nice to know that they are there to help the imagination of growing minds.  On the flip side I do like the gritty, some times raunchy, graphic novels, I could probably try for something in-between.
I really would love to write a fantasy piece.  For this I would like to put it on film.  I know some LARPers (live action roleplayers) that I could borrow them and their equipment, if they look good enough, to create at least a short film or try out a fight sequence.  I will also have to think about what creatures, if any, will be included.
This would mean my Sci-fi work should probably be a novel.  This I would find fun but again I would have to think how far I would go with alien creatures or whether to just have humans.  I think with no budget issues I can go as far as I want.  The one thing that would put me off this would be the techno-babel.  I’m no good with big words, my tutor told me my writing was straight to the point and would work with comic books, so creating big words that sound real would slow my writing process.
Right-e-o.  Seeing as this is my first blog on this subject I will leave this here.  I hope you enjoyed it and more will be coming soon that will talk about my individual projects as well as my thoughts and creative progress.  I think my next one will be talking about my influences.
Thank you for the read.  Feel free to comment on anything you have read or any thoughts you may have.
Ta ta for now.
Live Long And Prosper (LLAP)
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment